The Press invites proposals from non-student investigators for research and development on the MMPI-2-RF, the MMPI-2, and the MMPI-A for U of M Fiscal Year 16. Only one proposal per investigator will be considered, unless the Press has expressly invited specific proposals for product development.
Priority will be given to studies that:
- further validate the MMPI-A-RF
- address test use with active-duty and veteran military personnel
- predict outcomes in employment screening
- assess risk assessment in forensic settings
- assess invalid responding in forensic settings
- predict treatment process or outcome of psychological, psychiatric, or medical treatments
- assess variables relating to eating disorders
- assess callousness
- inform integration of clinical inferences from multiple MMPI-2-RF scales (e.g., using H-O and RC scales together, RC and SP scales together, RCd and RC# scales together
These have been identified as research priorities. However, we do not wish to discourage the submission of proposals in other areas that investigators have an interest in exploring.
The Press invites proposals for:
- exploration of item-level and scale-level improvements of the MMPI-2-RF
- enhancements of and revision to the MMPI-2-RF Scoring and Interpretive Reports. Although not limited to specific parts of the reports, we ask that proposals address the comparison group and annotation features of the reports
- development of MMPI-2-RF interpretive reports for medical settings, including, but not limited to, screening for bariatric and spinal surgery.
Requests should be submitted on the attached forms:
In completing the forms, please provide thorough and detailed responses. Requests will be formally reviewed by the Test Division’s Advisory Board as to the quality of the proposal and the importance of the proposed research/development. The advisors will be asked to comment on the strengths and/or weaknesses of new proposals and on the progress reported on requests for renewal funding of previously supported research.
Please submit requests using the above downloadable forms, to Tami Brown, Test Division Contracts/Permissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previously Funded Research and Product Development on the MMPI-2-RF, MMPI-2, and MMPI-A for 2014-2015 (FY 15)
If you received funding in 2014-2015 from the Press, please submit progress and expenditure reports using the downloadable forms found below, to Tami Brown, Test Division Contracts/Permissions Coordinator at email@example.com by the following dates:
The Press annually invites proposals from non-student investigators on the MMPI-2-RF, the MMPI-2, and the MMPI-A. Progress reports must be received before funding requests for 2015/2016 are considered.
In other news...
The University of Minnesota Press is pleased to announce the publication of the MMPI-2-RF Police Candidate Interpretive Report! Read more about PCIR co-author David Corey here.