The Press invites proposals from non-student investigators for research and development on the MMPI-2-RF, the MMPI-A-RF, the MMPI-2, and the MMPI-A.
Only one proposal per investigator will be considered, unless the Press has expressly invited specific proposals for product development.
Priority will be given to studies that:
- address test use with active-duty and veteran military personnel
- predict outcomes in employment screening
- assess risk assessment in forensic settings
- assess invalid responding in forensic settings
- predict treatment process or outcome of psychological, psychiatric, or medical treatments
- assess the continued examination of psychopathy
- validate the MMPI-A-RF in a variety of settings and with a number of different criterion measures. In addition to replicating the findings reported in the A-RF manual (psychiatric inpatient, residential treatment, and forensic settings) with similar or expanded criterion measures, data should be collected in medical, neuropsychological, outpatient mental health, and school settings. Archival data studies with adequate criterion measures will also be considered.
- assess underreporting/faking good with the MMPI-2-RF
These have been identified as research priorities. However, we do not wish to discourage the submission of proposals in other areas that investigators have an interest in exploring.
The Press invites proposals for:
- exploration of item-level and scale-level improvements of the MMPI-2-RF
- field-data-collection for the MMPI-2-RF-EX
Requests should be submitted on the attached forms:
In completing the forms, please provide thorough and detailed responses. Requests will be formally reviewed by the Test Division’s Advisory Board as to the quality of the proposal and the importance of the proposed research/development. The advisors will be asked to comment on the strengths and/or weaknesses of new proposals and on the progress reported on requests for renewal funding of previously supported research.
Please submit requests using the above downloadable forms, to Tami Brown, Test Division Contracts/Permissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, April 14, 2017.
If you received funding in 2016-2017 from the Press, please submit progress and expenditure reports using the downloadable forms found below, to Tami Brown, Test Division Contracts/Permissions Coordinator at email@example.com by the following dates:
- Research Progress Report: Friday April 14, 2017 Word | PDF
- Product Development Progress Report: Friday April 14, 2017 Word | PDF
- Expenditure Reports: Thursday June 30, 2017 Word | PDF
The Press annually invites proposals from non-student investigators on the MMPI-2-RF, the MMPI-A-RF, the MMPI-2, and the MMPI-A. Progress reports must be received before funding requests for 2017/2018 are considered.