Give to the University of Minnesota Press
How your gift helps
When you support the University of Minnesota Press with a tax-deductible donation, you help us bring high quality, affordable books to our readers.
- You help us produce beautifully illustrated books that communicate powerfully about the people, history, and natural environment of Minnesota and the Upper Midwest.
- You help us publish our next award-winning title in the humanities or social sciences.
- You provide the funding we need to translate a game-changing book into English.
- You make it possible for us to bring out compelling books that may not be blockbusters, but can find an eager audience.
- You help us keep our book prices within reach of more readers by supporting a single title, series, or subject area.
How to Give
Donations to the Press are tax deductible and count toward annual giving commitments to the University of Minnesota.
Increase Your Investment with a Matching Gift
Want to Do More?
If you’d like to sponsor a forthcoming book or book series, or create an endowment in your own name or the name of someone important to you, we’d love to hear from you. Please be in touch with us at email@example.com.
Examples of Books That Have Been Supported by Our Sponsors
Some of the books supported by donations or gifts include:
- North Country: The Making of Minnesota
- Aching for Beauty: Footbinding in China
- St. Paul Union Depot
- The Dream of Civilized Warfare: World War I Flying Aces and the American Imagination
- Children of the Northlights
- The Fesler-Lampert Minnesota Heritage Series
And more …
You Make the Difference
Like other nonprofit organizations, the University of Minnesota Press depends on the generosity of people like you to enable us to carry out our mission. More than 95% of our operating funds are generated through sales and from the financial support of our generous donors. And here’s a fact that might surprise you: we receive less than 5% of our funding from the University of Minnesota.